Saturday 29 April 2017

on a Roll

Hi Crafty Friends

One of our craft clubbers hasn't been able to make it to the club for ages, and it was her birthday recently, so I popped round with a card. I really wanted to try out my new Spellbinders border die (had to buy it after we'd used it in the class Margaret did for us), and I'm still on a roll with the rolled roses. My latest rolled rose die (a nameless cha cha cha die) is, I think the best yet - even if I did buy it, thinking it would make fir cones!
I used a mix of Spellbinders and Tattered Lace dies for the sentiment panel, and another cha cha die for the leaves, I love the way they emboss.



here's to hoping our pal can get things sorted so she can return, in the meantime
happy crafting everyone.
jx

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jan, gorgeous roses and love the new border, what pretty paper you have used.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very delicate and feminine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jan this is one stunning card love it!!!
    Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Hi Sok, thank you for all your lovely comments on my blog posts. Do you have a blog where you post your own cards? I would like to visit and leave a comment.
      Making the roses is easy with the die cut shape, but you can do similar ones with hand cut pieces. Here is a You tube video which shows how
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeN9_K1xrWQ
      sorry I can't make this a link.
      hope it helps

      Delete
  5. LOVE those roses, this whole card makes me smile, having so much fun catching up with all your crafting exploits xxx

    ReplyDelete