Friday 24 March 2017

Coming up Roses

Hi Crafty Friends

Us crafters get offered some weird stuff sometimes, on the grounds that we'll probably get some use out of it. But a whole wedding dress??? Yup, the full meringue!! A gazillion miles of net, several acres of duchess satin, more buttons than Cadbury's and lots and lots of lace. Of course I said yes 😀😀.
I spent hours seriously HOURS, unpicking lace pieces, so we just had to use them on a card, and this is what we made.


I decided to leave the bottom corner undecorated so people can add a suitable sentiment later. I thought it would be good for Mother's Day, weddings, anniversaries and the like.
The lace has all sorts of beads and sequins sewn on it, but I haven't managed to capture the sparkle of it. It just required a simple bit of matting and layering with some soft romantic papers and a cha cha cha doily die. Lots of fun and games making the smaller roses - by twisting and rolling thin strips of paper, and job done!
happy crafting
J xxx


4 comments:

  1. What a glorious confection of a card? Entirely suitable use for a meringue frock!!! I have some of that lace adorning an ATC myself (THANK YOU).

    Happy Saturday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Brilliant recycling.very vintage xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well only in Jan land lol . A whole wedding dress !!! my goodness and I thought I had been given some weird and wonderful donations in my time, still hoarding my little roll of window lead and using it very sparingly. I love the way people see us as some kind of magician xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete