Thursday, 16 June 2016

Triple bendi-fold card

Hi Crafty Friends

This week I kept everyone busy with a tri-bendi card. I love the harlequin paper and as it's plain ivory pearlescent on the back we were able to use it to make lots of flowers which we inked with archival inks; they still look really shimmery in real life.

It was great to see all the different looks people achieved with the flowers.

I used Spellbinders Borderabilities for the flaps (this S shaped one is my favourite set). I can't remember whose is the trellis die (Britannia?? All Occasion???) We did simple punched flowers as the die cutters were in demand for the rest of the card.

Happy crafting everyone

Wednesday, 8 June 2016


Hi Crafty Friends

This week's post is a real blast from the past. I have quite a lot of pics I never blogged which were trapped in my old computer, which won't talk to my new computer (as you may know, I'm not the most computer savvy person in the world). Anyhoo, I have managed to liberate some of them, so I thought I'd post a few every now and then, starting with some ATC's I made when I was in an ATC swap.

This set was made for International Women's Day. The first pic is of the slip cases, the cards are below.

I chose to highlight a different quality on each card:nurturing, strong, stylish, unique, serene and mysterious

For this one, the theme was TRAVEL. I had fun with this. I drew a rocket, cut it out and covered it in sticky backed foil. then drew in the markings. The stars at the top are punched out and backed with silver. The others are table confetti. I embossed the flourish in silver and wrote the text on a die cut acetate tag.

The theme for this next one was LOVE, so I wanted to suggest a pile of old love letters.  I stamped over two aqua patterned papers, and embossed the kiss stamp. I drew the hearts, cut them out, coloured & stamped them, then covered them with several layers of clear embossing powder, till they looked enamelled, and then threaded them on embroidery floss.

This one was for a sea themed swap, so I went with a rock pool. I went a bit mad with the rocks, fashioning them out of scrunched up tissue and painting them. It's VERY dimensional, to say the least. I embossed the water a lot to make it ripple-y, but I don't think it's come out v well in the pic. The crab was a right pain! I had to cut him out twice, to decoupage the body (and I had to make 6 of them!)

I hope you like them, let me know if you'd like to see any more, and I'll see if I can prise them out of the old lappy.

Happy crafting
Jan x