Thursday 26 May 2016

Golden Birthday

Hi Crafty Friends

Well, the weather is getting better - we've even been HOT in craft central (aka the conservatory). Crafting in the sunshine, with the doors open, and the apple blossom and the bluebells at their loveliest - what could be better?


My lovely friend June lent me this gorgeous Sue Wilson filigree die for club use, so feeling summery, I went for a sunshiny gold. I found some fab paper in my stash  (a bit like patterned vellum) and decided to layer it over gold mirri card for a subtle gold. I love the effect behind the fancy die.
The frame and matting layers were made with the ever-useful Spellbinders matting basics, but as it's a big card (A5) we had to emboss the background old style, with a bit of ball tool and scoreboard action.
The flowers are Sue Wilson, open and solid petal dies. We made the solid flowers from more of the 'frosted gossamer paper' (well that's what it says on the packet) I think they look really pretty and delicate.
I went with a basic birthday greeting, but I think this would make a pretty card for a wedding, anniversary or even a 'thinking of you' so I hunted out lots of stamps that fit the oval so people could choose their own sentiment.




Here are some close ups, but I still haven't managed to capture the subtle sheen of this frosted paper.




Happy sunny crafting
Jx

6 comments:

  1. Delightful golden make and your garden's looking great, Jan

    Happy Thursday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan and hope your keeping well. It must be so lovely to craft in that fabulous conservatory you have at this time of year. Great makes
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Jan, gorgeous background die and flowers, love soft colour tones.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I love the offset petals

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a versatile design, I could see this making a perfect christmas card too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooops forgot to say, your garden looks a treat, a tranquil little haven xxx

    ReplyDelete