Sunday 31 May 2015

Craft Club

Hi Crafty Friends
Just a quick catch up. I'm pleased to say the open day did not deter people and we now have a thriving craft club. So far the weather has been kind and it's been fun having people round to craft.

We had a week off when I went to see my friend in Greece, but we're now back and at full steam!

Here are two of the cards we've made

The roses are hand made because I didn't have a die and we stacked the frame for extra dimension. The image has several layers of UTEE for a realistic effect




Thinking of Tracey, I decided to make a new home card. This one is a variation on a stepper card, and proved quite complicated. I'd started with the intention of making a card to fit the envelopes I have loads of, but needless to say, when I decided to add a pointy roof, it no longer fit, so we had to make envelopes as well. Still everybody managed it, and we had a good time. 

The fence is Spellbinders, the arches Go Create and I've no idea what make the trees are, but they're meant to be coral.

happy crafting

jan xx

3 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Jan, the house one looks very intricate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks. Yes it did turn out to be quite intricate. You don't notice when you just keep thinking up extra 'refinements'. This week's card is MUCH more straight-forward. x

      Delete
  2. Thankyou for a lovely class Jan, it was very relaxing being the other side of the table and the card fit the bill nicely for a birthday I had that week. Thankyou so much for the gorgeous new home card, I can only imagine all the tutting, measuring and remeasuring only to be thwarted by the envelope size - ha ha somethings never change. I can also say the photo doesn't really do it justice, there are so many pretty details - thankyou xxx

    ReplyDelete