Wednesday 23 October 2013

Gelli 2

Hi Crafty Friends
It's been a while and I've been meaning to do an update on my gelli plate - so here it it.
After my first go, my plate was in a sorry state, so I melted it in the microwave, mixed up a bit more gelatin to make up for losses, and made another one. I used a melanine tea tray and kept the plate in it. It's about A4 sized.


Hope you like the pattern on the tray :)   It works just fine, hasn't cracked or gone mouldy yet. I keep it in the fridge covered with clingfilm. OH is complaining that the fridge was the last craft free zone in the house, so I don't know how much longer I'll get away with it. I've used it quite a few times, tho I'm not v good at it.  Here's a small print I thought I'd use as a background for a Christmas card


I really enjoyed watching Barbara Gray demonstrating gelli printing at the Doncaster show, so I'm looking forward to having another go.

happy crafting
Jx



No comments:

Post a Comment